Stabbing in Khayelitsha (Bryan)

One of our kids that meets regularly at the bible study in Khaeylitsha was killed a couple days ago. He was Stabbed by another guy from the township. We talked with Louiso, another A.J. leader about it yesterday and he said that the kid was killed over a drink of soda pop. A girl was holding another guy's drink and our guy asked to take a drink from the soda. The girl gave him one, and when the other guy found out about it he got very angry. The young man from our group told the boy that he would buy him another drink and he had only drank it because he was thirsty. At that, the kid got even more angry and said, "You don't think I have enough money to buy one myself?" He pulled out a knife and stabbed our young man who then bled out there on the ground.

I'm letting you guys know because of the seriousness of the situation in Khayelitsha. These things happen and are much more common that you would think. I can't even tell you how angry I was at this news. I was filled with a lot of righteous anger. I work with a lot of these young men and to think that another person would think life to be so cheap. By his action he told the world that this child wasn't even worth a soda pop. I feel helplessly angry. It's soo wrong! I feel a real sadness in the pit of my chest.

God Help Them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment