Fear in the night! (by Bryan)

The first two nights in our home were very testing for us. We had just finished dropping off Andy and Leigh at their home since to this point they didn’t have a vehicle. We only have this car for a few more days and don’t have another one lined up yet. Andy and Leigh do have a car lined up so they will be our only means of transportation until we get a car.
We got back from dropping them off and opened our door into our home. Claire was the first one in the door and from the garage I heard a shriek of terror. I came charging in from the garage ready for a fight and their staring back at us were three sets of beady little eyes. Cockroaches! Being the gallant, knight in shining armor, I gave chase. One darted down the stairs and two ran for the bathroom. I grabbed my sandal, which would be my weapon of choice, and quickly eliminated the one on the stairs. It was a bloody mess, not for the faint of heart. The other two had scurried underneath the bathroom door and I unlocked it, worried that I would find an organized army of bugs awaiting me. I drew the last bit of courage that I had left and flung open the door. I could only find one and disposed of it with one brilliant stroke from my sandal. I returned from my encounter to a very grateful wife and baby daughter. The gratitude in their eyes was all I needed as payment for putting my own life on the line. The next two evening were the same and we have figured out that they are coming under the door from the garage. I have since put a rug against the crack under the door and have not seen any more cockroaches since.
Ants are a real problem, they swarm any bit of food or sugar that is left on the counters. Not your average couple of ants on the counter, we are talking a literal cloud of ants in the thousands. We have since learned that if you spray the entrances of doors and any other area that you see them coming in you won’t have a problem and we have. They are definitely under control now. We have a chemical we spray that kills them on contact and everywhere I have sprayed we haven’t seen the ants anymore.
(Bryan)

0 comments:

Post a Comment