Goodbye (by Bryan)

We boarded our flight from Phoenix, Arizona at noon on May 30’th, 2010. Claire and I had just said goodbye to my side of the family. They had flown to Arizona for a Flores family reunion. That morning the twelve of us gathered together inside the living room to ask the Lord for His hand to be upon us as we began this life changing adventure. As family members took turns praying for us, tears began to fill my eyes and roll down my cheeks. Each one of these individuals, I had such a deep love and appreciation for. It was love that bound us all together in such a deep connection and it was love that allowed them to give us up. There was no resentment in their prayers, no angry bitterness towards the God who had called us to a distant land. As I stop and consider, I am impressed by what level of real love fills both Claire and my families. Through the willingness to give up their son’s and daughters, brother’s and sisters, and precious grandchildren their actions speak in similitude with Job’s. “The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord. I’m awed. Their pure love for God runs deeper even than their love for their most precious children.
(by Bryan)

0 comments:

Post a Comment